ASAS Health practices are dedicated to helping you get and stay healthy. Our doctors, nurses and staff are here to answer questions about your health and connect you to resources in your community.
Have you ever forgotten to talk with your doctor about something? Or felt confused about the information you heard? ASAS Health providers want you to take an active role in your health care.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Be prepared verify your home address, email address and phone number.
- Bring the following information:
- Your insurance card and ID.
- List of your symptoms, if any.
- List of medications you are taking and the dosage, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbs and supplements. If you have a smartphone, you can take pictures to show your doctor.
- Your health history and family medical history if this is your first visit.
- Questions you want to ask. List the most important questions first to make sure you get answers.
- Talk with your provider about your health concerns, explain any symptoms and be honest about your health history.
- Let the doctor know if you do not understand something. You may want to bring a family member or friend to help ask questions and remember answers.
- Before you leave your doctor’s office, be sure you understand any instructions your doctor has given you.